Meaco dehumidifier featured in T3
- Monday, 21 August 2017 13:50
Fantastic to have our 20L Low Energy Dehumidifier, also a Which? best buy 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017, featured in T3’s September issue.
If you haven’t already, it’s worth investing in a dehumidifier as although the British summer is drawing to a close, there are numerous benefits to using a dehumidifier throughout the year. In summer, they are ideal for reducing the likelihood of allergies, difficulty breathing, watery eyes and sneezing, and it reduces the humidity levels, decreasing the onset of mold and mildew.
We have a vast range of dehumidifiers for the home, commercial use and also super sleek and stylish wall mounted ones to choose from.
5 Reasons Why Summer Humidity Can Be Bad For You
- Wednesday, 21 June 2017 11:40
5 reasons why summer humidity can be bad for you
The Meaco 20L Low Energy Dehumidifier comes with a free HEPA filter for you to try.
- People are sensitive to humid air because the human body uses evaporative cooling as the primary mechanism to regulate temperature Humid weather makes it harder for our bodies to cool down which in worse cases can cause heat stroke or hyperthermia. The rate at which perspiration evaporates on the skin is lower than it would be under drier conditions, so we feel warmer when the relative humidity is high than when it is low
- High humidity can cause headaches, fatigue, or in worse cases, migraines
- Dust Mites reproduce faster in your bed increasing allergic reactions
- Mould grows faster in bathrooms also increasing allergic reactions, and basements can be particularly prone to damp in the summer
- Viruses live longer on children’s toys according to researchers at Georgia State University in Atlanta (2 hours v 24 hours)
- Bonus fact – It takes longer for the play to start after the roof closes on Centre Court because the humidity needs to be balanced – this is a major issue for some people!
60%rh is generally regarded as the upper end of a ‘safe’ relative humidity zone by conservation experts, as mould grows above 68%rh .
High humidity combined with an increase in allergens and therefore allergic reactions can now be controlled in the home with a dehumidifier. The Meaco 12L and 20L Low Energy Dehumidifiers provide low cost dehumidification to reduce the humidity level with the bonus of a HEPA filter to help remove the dangerous allergens from the air.
The Meaco 20L Low Energy Dehumidifier has a Which? Best Buy for the past three years and is part of the exclusive Platinum Range of compressor dehumidifiers. It extracts lots of water but uses very little electricity, making them perfect for summer use.
It comes with a HEPA filter, so doubling as an air purifier, removing allergens smaller than the eye can see from the air such as pollen, dust mites, mould spores and pet dander.
Meaco 20L video now available
- Thursday, 17 April 2014 16:56
The Meaco 20L Large Home dehumidifier is one of my favourite dehumidifiers and I have used it at home on our landing for years now. It stops condensation in all of our bedrooms, keeps the bathroom clear of mould and is quiet enough so that it does not disturb anyone’s sleep. It is also very cheap to run which is always a good thing!
It is one of our top sellers in the UK and across the world and has always served us well.
We have been putting together a series of 3D animation videos to show propsetive customers how the dehumidifiers work so that they have an idea of what to expect and to help them make the right selection.
Below is the Meaco 20L video, I hope you like it.
Meaco 20L Dehumidifier and My Family
- Thursday, 24 May 2012 16:38
The Meaco 20L dehumidifier is the one that I choose to use at home and it sits quite happily outside the bathroom door doing its thing. But why do we choose the Meaco 20L rather than any other dehumidifier when we have access to every model in the Meaco range and the two models from Mitsubishi Electric?
The short and honest answer is that my wife likes it! But that makes for a very short blog piece so to expand slightly.
The 20L is a nice looking dehumidifier there is no doubt about that. The low profile hides its wheels giving it a sleeker look. Dehumidifiers that are just a white box plonked on four black castors are so last season!
Very important because it sits on the landing outside the shower room and is not far from all of the bedroom doors. The sound is such that no-one has ever complained about the Meaco 20L and believe me the family are not slow in complaining about a noisy dehumidifier!
Rather than give a technical answer lets just say that it keeps the shower room mould free which is what we want. Job done.
The hallway is nice and warm because the house is fairly modern and the extension work that we had done a few years back means that the insulation levels are up to date. Therefore the 20L is the cheapest way for us to take the water out of the air. If the hallway was cold we would probably have gone for the DD8L to add some warmth.
The fact that the 20L turns off when the humidity goes down but then samples the air every 30 minutes means that it spots when someone has a shower and turns itself back on the dry the air. Hats off to whoever thought of that idea!