We do get a lot of calls and orders from people who either live on a canal boat or need a dehumidifier when they shut the boat up for winter.
Living on a narrowboat causes issues when it comes to damp, especially when it comes to drying laundry in the winter and the dehumidifier can be a godsend to get the clothes to dry and to stop the moisture from the clothes from damaging the interior of the boat.
I had the pleasure a couple of years ago to meet a customer who swore by his Meaco DD8L which he used on his boat that he lives on in the Oslo Fjord in Norway! Not only did it help to keep his boat dry but the heat helped during the Norwegian winter. I was delighted to hear that many of those living on the Fjord did so with the benefit of a Meaco dehumidifier.
Some of the features that Zambezi offers boat owners that are not to be found on the original DD8L include;
- Lower cost laundry drying
- Daily run timer so that you can control how many hours a day the dehumidifier works for
- A digital display to give you more control over the settings and the humidity control
- Unique 20+ control for when you leave the dehumidifier unattended
- Motorised louvre for better air distribution
And more safety features than any other domestic dehumidifier.
Nice to see that Towpath Talk magazine picked up on our work with the David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation and that they got a mention in the article as well.
The October issue of Towpath Talk can be read online here.